Friday 31 October 2014

Stickhandling Drills

     I have been looking around for different drills to improve my stick handling. There are a lot of videos for different levels of skills with stick handling. One that I found is for a little more advanced hockey player, but I really liked the drills so I am going to leave a link to the video. I am not a beginner at stick handling but I think I might just start with easier drills then gradually shift into more advanced as sort of a warm up type of thing. An easier drill I will probably start with is in this video. This one can be difficult and it can be easier, I will probably start out with the pucks spread out more and probably not go as fast as this guy was, just to begin with. But after a little while and I get warmed up I will tighten up the pucks and go a little bit faster. Before I do the stick handling drills I will probably do a couple laps around the rink just to warm up my skating.
     I've been having trouble finding time to go out to the rink, seeing as the only one that allows stick and puck is pretty far away from where I live. I am hopefully going to have some time next week maybe Wednesday to go either just for a skate or go out to Canlan and work on my stick handling.

No comments:

Post a Comment